Wednesday, September 11, 2013

FAUX BATIK SCARF TUTORIAL

Hello everyone!  Welcome to my blog!  I hope you're having a good week.

As promised ... over at Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge, I am sharing the 
FAUX BATIK technique to create this lovely scarf ...


This fun project is really not difficult at all and can be done on silk or sheer fabrics as well as paper!  Just imagine the paper embellishments you could add to your cards or paper crafting projects!  Think of the accessory pieces you can make for your wardrobe or the lovely patterned fabrics you can create to add to your home decor using this technique! 

Create these and more simply using Embossing Ink, Stamps, Clear Embossing Powder and some Color Wash sprays.

 So, hop on over to Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge for my tutorial and check it out! 
You will be amazed at how easy this technique is. 

And of course ... the fun continues at Simon Says Stamp during our 


Stamptember celebration! Lots of stuff happening this month; Including the introduction of new products that are now available!  Keep checking with our blog as we have some exciting things coming your way soon!

And, of course, be sure to enter our challenge so you can share your wonderful art and also be eligible for our 
weekly drawing for a $50.00 gift voucher.

If your art is outstanding, you could also be voted to have your work showcased in our 

Designer Spotlight ... a very nice way of being recognized for all of your hard 
and creative work! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you like the FAUX BATIK tutorial over at 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

20 comments:

  1. his looks gorgeous off to take a look! X hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Candy, such grace and elegance. Going to see the tutorial! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing from here, hopping over right now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy your tutorial i sreally amazing! Original end clear! FAntastic as always! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candy, I have just been over to have a look - this is such a fabulous project, you do make it look so easy and your step by step is very clear and informative. The end result is just stunning, I love the muted down colours and your homemade stamps are fabulous! I hope you never run ot of ideas, you are such an inspiration to all of us! Thank you. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Candy can hardly believe you created this fabulous scarf, I think its my favourite of all your creations.
    Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - it's stunning already... off to see how it's done!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Candy ! I've just hopped over and taken a look and as usual I'm blown away by your imagination ! This is so cool ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS, Candy! Thanks for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. I love beautiful textiles, and this is gorgeous! I am dying to try this. But I swear that EVERY time that I get the iron out someone appears and says, "hey, as long as you have the iron out, can you press this for me?" and hands me a shirt. EVERY TIME.

    Anyway....you always amaze me with your creativity. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Candy, what a FABULOUS tutorial & technique! It's simply AMAZING that you embossed on fabric... & what BEAUTIFUL results! I love it!
    Your beautiful creations always catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candy, I've just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been commenting on the SSS blog, but I'll do it here as well, because: This is so beautiful, I really have to give this a try, first I have to get hold of a silk scarf LOL. The original TH technique you mention in the post, where can I find that? I'd really like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really beautiful, creative and innovative project. Many thanks for your detailed instructions. I am quite inspired to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This scarf just totally blew me away! Gorgeous beyond words!

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a stunning piece, Candy. I need to keep this technique in mind, in case I ever want to make a scarf for my wife. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING tutorial Candy! Your scarf is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow and a half! This blew my mind! I sat there reading the whole tutorial with my mouth open in awe (I think my coworkers thought I was suffering from some sort of paralysis). Really ingenius and as a huge fabric fan, I love anything super cool in the fabric world. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My jaw literally dropped! wow, wow, wow....I have to learn how to do this, Candy...it is like you captured a rainbow in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Miss Candy, you are the BOMB******,outstanding work, gorgeous work, I'm spell bound, your work is amazing, you are a creative marvel, and I'n honored to witness it, THANK YOU for being you....

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!