Monday, August 1, 2011

SHOW A TAG!!!

Simon Says "SHOW A TAG!"  Who among us can't make a tag?  They are fun and can be as simple or as elaborate as your imagination will take you.

This week, I wanted to do something with Shrink Plastic.  I love that stuff!!!  I never played with it as a kid, so I guess I'm making up for lost time!  haha It's so much fun to play with.  Anyway, here is my tag for this week, with Shrink Plastic embellishments!
I started with a Manila Tag and using Matte Multi Medium, I covered the tag with 7 Gypsies Life Collage Tissue Paper.  Then I colored it with the new Tumbled Glass Distress Stain.  Finally, I spritzed the tag with Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist.  When the tag was dry, die cut the edge using Tim Holtz' Ornate On The Edge Die Cut.  I then embossed the tag using Tim Holtz' Playing Games Texture Trades.  I used the one that looks like sun rays.  Then I lightly went over the rays with Black Soot Distress Ink on an Ink Blending Tool.  A little Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the tag...and it was ready to be embellished.
Shrink Plastic....ahhhh...LOVE IT!  I die cut a couple of pieces of Shrink Plastic using Tim Holtz' Vintage Cabinet Card and the Baroque Die Cuts.  Then I lightly sanded one side of the Shrink Plastic using a cross hatch pattern (that is the side I would later colorize).  Then I flipped over the Shrink Plastic and using Jet Black Archival Ink, I stamped images from Tim Holtz' Artful Artifacts, Mini Classics and Winged Things 2 onto the Shrink Plastic.  I had to let them air dry.  So in the meantime, I stamped a piece of distressed paper with "ART BEGINS WITH A VISION" from Wendy Vecchi's An Eye For Art stamp set and mounted it onto black cardstock.  I edged the cardstock with a Gold Paint Dabber.  Then I wire wrapped around the sentiment.  
Once the stamped images were dry, I turned them over and colorized the images using Adirondak Pigment Pens.  Love those!  While they are still wet, you can blend them with your finger.  When they are dry, they are permanent.  Then I shrunk my stamped and colorized images down using a heat tool and a pair of craft tweezers so I could turn them over as I was shrinking them.
   After "David" was shrunk, I mounted him on cream cardstock.  Then I doubled matted it onto a piece of black cardstock and touched the edges with a Gold Paint Dabber.  I liked the way it turned out.  I also added a piece of gold wire to the tag on the left side of "David" to subtly fill up that space.
"Mona Lisa" was stamped onto the Baroque die cut.  There was plain Shrink Plastic showing around the edges of the stamped image so I decided to dab Gold and Silver Paint Dabbers around the bare edges.  I like the metallic look it gave.  Then I single matted her onto black cardstock and went around the edges with a Gold Paint Dabber.  She still looked a bit plain so I did a little wire wrapping around her.  I made the winged man into a charm by leaving extra Shrink Plastic and punching a hole and cutting out the entire image BEFORE I shrunk him down.  I matted him onto black cardstock, went around the edges with a Gold Paint Dabber and then ran a piece of gold wire through the hole.  I made a decorative curly Q on one end and tightly wrapped the wire onto my exposed Tonic Craft Pick so that the wire leading up to "David" would resemble a tight spring.  I then pierced a hole in the lower mat under "David", took the remaining wire and joined the winged man charm to "David".  The charm freely dangles.

So...that's it...my tag using Shrink Plastic!  Now it's YOUR turn to make a tag and post it to our Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.  The Design Team has some incredible samples waiting for you to see.  They are so talented and always have great projects and product suggestions for you.

Your creation can be anything your heart desires...just has to be a tag!  You could be the lucky random winner of our generous sponsor's prize of:
    
You could also be recognized as one of the TOP THREE ARTISTS as voted on by our Design Team and receive a TOP 3 BLINKIE to proudly be displayed on your blog.  We have some absolutely beautiful creations submitted each week!  Join in!!!
Have a wonderful week and remember to take time to PLAY...It's SOUL FOOD!!!

10 comments:

  1. A great piece! Love it! Tons of products used here.

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Candy and love the embellishments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shrink plastic too, must be the child in me too LOL. Love your tag, great background and beautiful shrunk embellishments. Hope you enjoyed your break. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, Candy, and I love your idea of using the diecuts as bases for shrinkies... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! It was fascinating reading about how many different things are on this tag...so much to look at! Blogger...grrr...I am NOT anonymous! opossumqueen1955@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing tag! I love what you did with the shrink plastic! Fabulous idea and results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Candy, another amazing project. love the use of shrink plastic using the dies, lots of lovely textures ... yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag, Candy! I love the textures and the sentiment is perfect!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Those shrunk embellishments are brilliant Candy! Cool tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic tag, great images and wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!