Thursday, December 30, 2010

SIMON SAYS CHALLENGE - SOMETHING FROM YESTERYEAR

As the new year is upon us, it is a time of looking forward but also for reflecting on the past. What a great time for the Simon Says Challenge titled "Something From Yesteryear"!

This is a definitely a "yesteryear" for me.  It is an accordian book titled "Where I Come From".  It is a book I made including pictures and little "snippets" of memories I have from my childhood. 
This is the front side of my book.

This is the back side.

As I was looking through pictures to use in this book, I was instantly swept back to that time in my life. I remembered so many wonderful things that have been tucked away in my mind over the years...the people, the places, the things that meant so much to me.
These pages were devoted to my grandparents...some I never knew; some who passed on before I could barely remember them. But that is the beauty of pictures...they help remind us of those who were before us and in some ways, were a piece of the puzzle of "me".

These pages were devoted to my beloved parents. I am so proud to be their daughter and proud of the legacy they left behind. They were depression babies. They didn't have very much materially but they were rich in so many other ways.
I have wonderful Christmas memories and have carried on traditions to my own children and grandchildren that my parents began with my brother and I. My "yesteryears" are something I treasure and looking at this little book brings me so much joy.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Candy, thank you for following me, I would love to return the favour but cannot find the followers link. Your accordian scrapbook is wonderful and so full of memories. Wishing you a very happy New Year. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! My photo collection is quite limited and happy memories are even more limited, sad to say. But what a fantastic way to look at the past to share with the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really knocked this one out of the park! Awesome book and wonderful memories. A true treasure to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathy for the kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! I thank you for stopping by my blog to check out "Something From Yesteryear". Thank you for your insightful comment about looking at the past and sharing with the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Netty! I am excited that you stopped by my blog. Your work is so wonderful! My follower button is on the right side of my blog...if you're interested in following it. Thank you for your sweet comments! They mean alot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Candy! Another treasure! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nancy! Thanks for stopping by! I love the challenges. They are fun! Happy New Year to you! Your new book is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, your project is just exquisite :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy, Your pages are beautiful. Very inspiring. You just make me want to go out and start my own one.

    Fantastic photos.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candy, this is WONDERFUL! And gives me a great idea for a gift for my brother - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm so glad that I inspired you to make something for your brother! I'd love to see a pic of it when you finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly!!! Thank you so much for your comments! You inspire me! I'm glad that I may have inspired you to want to make one of these books. They really are a wonderful keepsake to have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Candy what a wonderfull and fabulous memories you have placed inside your acordeon creation. I totally love it, every picture is so unique and has special memories for you. Thank you for joining and sharing your fabulous creation with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx and have a fabulous New Year

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terry...thank you so much for stopping by my blog and checking out my entry into the Simon Says Stamp and Show. I LOVE the challenges! Your work is amazing! What I wouldn't give to be a design team member! You guys are all so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi there I think that the title of your album is fantastic....its so good to make books like this...i am sure your grand-children will love looking through this one...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Zeffy! Thank you so much for taking the time to post on my blog! And thank you for your sweet comments about this album. It was very carthartic to make...sure brought back some wonderful memories. But, as you say, I hope that it will be a keepsake that will help future generations have a better look into their "Mimi". :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!