Sunday, December 19, 2010

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK ALOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

I love Christmas time! It's my favorite time of the year! Here is my Christmas "BELIEVE" banner that I made this year and hung on my entry hall mirror. It features pictures of myself and my brother sitting on Santa's lap when we were children.  Never mind the date..but the picture is in black and white, if that gives you any indication! I also have a pictures of my children sitting on Santa's lap and of my three little grandsons sitting on Santa's lap tucked on different flags of the banner. This was so much fun to make and I love the vintage feeling it adds. 
I love anything vintage or retro looking around the holidays. My entry hall is reflective of that.
This is on the right side of my foyer.

This display of Christmas trees and vintage toys are on the opposite side. I had intended to make all my ornaments this year to redo these two trees. I want them to be all handmade vintage ornaments from snowflakes to cones and lots and lots of vintage Santas. Maybe this coming year...I will get that done!

I made these Christmas books out of plain paper mache books I found at Hobby Lobby. They are the medium size books. They open up to reveal a scene from the story. These are so much fun to make. I made the "Christmas Carol" one this year. Next year, I hope to add "A Charlie Brown Christmas".
 From Our House To Your House ~ Merry Christmas!!

12 comments:

  1. Everything is gorgeous! Love those books! You have a wonderful Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori. The books are alot of fun to make! Some are 3D elements, some are more like a diarama using actual pictures from the books that I pop out to give them dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeannine! :) I appreciate your stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeez Louise!!! What a fantastic blog, Candy!!! All I can say is this is one of the most fantastic places of creativity I have ever been to. I love everything you've created.
    Girl, it's a treat to feast my eyes on such great projects.
    TFS, and have a wonderful Christmas. Your home is decorated with unbelievable beauty.

    Your Friend in ART,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Linda! YOU just made me feel sooo good! For YOU to compliment me in such a kind way...well, I thank you so very much! I consider you one of the best talents I've seen on the blogs. I truly love your work. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything looks simply gorgeous and it does feel like a real christmas! i love the pennants that look like tim's tags with a twist! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I LOVE your work! I had to sign up to follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vintage style is fabulous.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly...thank you so much! I appreciate you kind words!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy...your home looks so homely...love your decorations!!could you show us more of your Christmas Books....they look very very interesting...maybe next Christmas....Know this comment is on an old post...hope you get to read it...happy new year..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zeffy..I have packed away all of my Christmas stuff and am in the middle of working on a couple of spring projects. But, I know right where those books are... :) I will dig them out in a few days, take a couple of pics of them and post them to the blog for you. They are fun to make and can be anything...not just Christmas books. :) Thank you for checking out my blog and for your really nice comments! I appreciate them so much!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!